Office Visits During COVID-19
Dear EFD Family,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have taken these additional steps to help protect our patients and staff during this time. Updated procedures to include:
- Introduction of Medical Grade Heppa 13 Air Purifiers in each Operatory and waiting room. These will filter out 99.97% of air particles down to 0.1 microns, with higher efficiency then a standard HEPA Filter, turning Operatory Room air over in less then 10min.
- We will be “fogging” our entire office daily. This is a safe and effective way of disinfecting the entire office.
- Dental cleanings will be performed with an additional intra-oral suction device that will comfortably and effectively reduce aerosols escaping into the air.
- At the beginning of all dental visits, we will implement a Pre-Treatment Rinse which will decrease the harmful aerosol particles and droplets.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may notice that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. We will be sending you an online Covid screening form before your appointment. We ask that you return this to us BEFORE your scheduled appointment. You will be asked these same questions again when you are in the office. We apologize for redundancy, but again, we are trying to keep everyone healthy through all of this.
- Please wait till your appointment time to enter our office. If you arrive early for your appointment, we ask that you wait in your car till your appt time. You can call us to let us know you are in the parking lot and if we are ready for you early, we will bring you back directly from your car.
- If you arrive on time but are uncomfortable waiting in our office and would rather wait in your car, please call our office when you arrive to our parking lot and let us know. We will bring you back directly from your car.
- Upon entering our “back office,” we will take your temperature.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Pens will be removed from the counter. Leah or Suzie will hand you a sanitized pen if needed.
- The waiting room and common areas will be wiped with sanitizing wipes every hour.
- We will have a new credit card processing system with a contactless point of sale.
- You may see some staff members wearing face shields while performing certain procedures.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, if you are a returning patient please call your office of record, if you are a new patient please contact your office of choice or request an appointment online below.
Thank you for trusting us with your dental care. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Sincerely,Drs. Daryl Eckland, DDS, Keagan Eckland, DDS, Colby Eckland, DDS or Kale Eckland, DDS